Thursday, April 14, 2011

Corn and Tomato Soup with Goat Cheese


I had some friends over and wanted to make a healthy lunch for us. Yesterday was the perfect opportunity to try this recipe! It turned out great and we had enough leftovers to use for another meal. The lunch and the time with girlfriends was so much fun. I did a little tweaking of the recipe and added extra garlic and chili flakes to my bowl. 
Tomato and Corn soup with Goat cheese
1 TBS olive oil
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
2 cups water
2 cloves garlic minced
1 32oz can chopped tomatoes
3 TBS chopped Cilantro
1 tsp hot sauce
3 TBS goat cheese
2 TBS nonfat Greek yogurt
Heat oil in pot. Add onion, and saute for 7 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, corn, 2 cups water, hot sauce.  Cook for 15 minutes until reduced a little.  Add cilantro, goat cheese and yogurt right before serving. I served this with the goat cheese on the side and crackers from Trader Joe's.


My favorite view in the kitchen!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Oh Susy!!! Your red hutch with all those cookbooks takes my breath away. That is so you...you should put that picture on your blog. And of course you made your friends such a neat unique dish. I love the red soup in the blue and white too. I miss you and all your fun.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...