Thursday, March 22, 2018

I love Running

 
I love running. When I first started 17 years ago, 3 miles was so difficult. I could never imagine doing more then that. I had a sweet friend that would run with me in the evenings after my baby was in bed. She kept encouraging me and I fell in love with the sport. I did my first half marathon and realized that this was a sport I could do! 15 full marathons later and 22 half marathons and I still love it.
At first I ran to lose the baby weight and then got my husband into the sport. We would go on running dates when our kids were little. We would take turns pushing the big double stroller and just talk and talk and talk. It was wonderful! You can talk about a lot of things during a 3 hour run.
I ran when I was happy and I ran when I was sad. Running played a huge roll in helping me find my joy again after my sister and Dad passed away from cancer 2 years ago.
Over the years my goals have changed. At first I did marathons to just finish. Then I trained harder and did them for time. The one thing that has stayed consistent over the years is how much I enjoy a long run. I love the challenge of pushing myself and working towards a goal that I have set.
2018 is a year of change for me. I decided to try some new things this year and signed up for my first Half IM in Augusta September 23, 2018. I am so excited to work towards a new goal.

 

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...