Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sewing fun

I received a sewing machine for my birthday. I made my first purse today with some girlfriends. We had such a good morning sewing and enjoying one anothers company. I was inspired to try and make Anna a skirt. Jeni and Jill are always whipping up something new. This was my first try at sewing Anna an article of clothing.  It is a cute polka dotted corduroy skirt. It looks a little like a tent on but I am learning from my mistakes. This is a whole new adventure for me! I can't wait to try some more sewing projects

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Susy!!! Those came out so good. What beautful fabrics you picked out! And I love how you put a pocket on the purse too and that button. Man I wish I could come over and play with you and make tons of stuff.

Ellyn said...

Those look great, Susy! I was going to say before reading your post that you must be getting inspiration from Jeni....I don't even know her and I enjoy looking at her blog to see what she's come up with lately! Just wish I had a mantle in the house to do the words in a frame like she does. Hope you are doing well :)! I need to get on some sewing projects myself for Ally and her room!! 5 weeks and counting :).

Susie said...

Susy! I love this purse when you were wearing it yesterday but I was so distracted I didn't even get a chance to tell you! it's ADORABLE- good job, crafty mama!

Sarah said...

Susy! ANOTHER talent! Where do you find time to be so good at so many things??!! They both turned out really cute!

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...