Thursday, October 22, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers Corn Chowder


 Jill from My Next Life chose Ina's Cheddar Corn Chowder for our Barefoot Bloggers group. This was a great week to make this recipe. It has started to turn cold and a hot bowl of thick chowder is perfect for a busy school night. I did end up halving the recipe and still had leftovers to freeze for husbands lunch. My daughter decided that is was delicious and ate all of her helping! I did leave off the bacon and didn't add extra cheese like I normally would. I served this with hot popovers. I can't get enough of popovers and moms apple butter right now! Thanks Jill for the great choice and we will be making this throughout the winter.

1 comment:

Eva said...

looks great! though i would never leave the bacon out. i cut back some of the other fat but not the bacon. i like bacon.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...