Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cookies with Tuesdays with Dorie






Grace of Piggy’s Cooking Journal chose the Rugelach this week! I have been wanting to try this type of recipe forever. I had a friend give me plate of them last year for Christmas. They always seemed too complicated or hard to make. The dough was lovely to work with. I made the filling ahead of time and let it all sit until I had time today to roll them out. I love this cookie. I am hoping to make some for a cookie exchange this year. It will be my first time hosting. My friend Ellyn started it in Mt many years ago! I am looking forward to trying lots of great Thanksgiving and Holiday Recipes in the next couple of months. I am going to continue to run and hope that helps balance the holidays out. I have been working on Thanksgiving cards all morning. We are having warm weather for November it really doesn't feel like winter is anywhere close.

6 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I'm not holding my breath for the cold weather - I'm okay with it coming a bit later than normal :) Your rugelach look wonderful, perfect for a cookie exchange.

Jeni said...

I have never tried this cookie...eaten it or baked it. It looks little hard?
It's been in the 70's here for 2 weeks...finally our leaves are changing...it's beautiful here right now!
Good for you on the Thanksgiving cards...you have me beat...maybe I will look at my paper tonight and try to come up with an idea.
Wish I could come to your cookie exchange!

Ellyn said...

Yay for continuing the cookie exchange!! You'll have to be sure to post what you make. I don't know that I'm having one of my own this year....but will probably attend a couple. I enjoyed the rugelach as well...did you eat it warm? You think it's too warm in the Midwest and I woke up to snow today! At least we didn't have a huge snowfall in October like we usually did in MT!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Your rugelach cookies look lovely and golden. Aren't they just delicious!

Steffany said...

Susy, your rugelach look beautiful and I just wish I were there to share a couple with you as we drink lots of good rich coffee. I miss you especially much this morning. :) Love you, sister!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Rugelach sound great for a cookie exchange!

It just snowed here in southern Wisconsin. It didn't stay around, but still...guess it's winter.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...