Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mini Orange Cakes




This weekend we had guests over for dinner. I couldn't decide what to make for dessert and then remembered the chocolate orange mini cakes from Barefoot Contessa Parties. I watched an episode of Ina make these and they looked amazing. I have mini bundt pans and this was the perfect opportunity to use them. Lisa from Lime in the Coconut won the challenge for choosing our new BRC Avatar. I still can't figure out how to add it to my blog.... These turned out so moist and delicious. My favorite part was the orange syrup that you pour over the warm cakes and gets absorbed into the cake. It added just the right amount of moist texture without getting soggy. I will be making these again. I like the idea of making them into muffins for breakfast. I can see eating these warm out of the oven with my coffee.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

MMM...I LOVE chocolate and orange together! Making them into muffins sounds like a really good idea.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...