Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Candy















I love making candy and baking during the Holidays. I guess I love to do that all year long but during the Holidays I have a reason too. I am always on the look out for new candy recipes that are simple and turn out! You don't want to know how many batches of toffee I have thrown away in my life, because of it crystallizing on me... My sister shared this recipe with me today. She found it on a blog that she reads. After I saw the few ingredients I made it. I can see why she loved it. It has such a great flavour and is so good. It takes 3 minutes to make! What a great teachers gift this will be. I made just a few changes. I added some butterscotch chips in with the chocolate and used smooth Peanut butter instead of chunky.
Rocky Road
8x8 pan
line with wax paper
3 cups semi-sweet chips
3 T butter
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 package marshmallows
Melt together chocolate, butter, peanut butter. Add small amount to pan. Fill pan with marshmallows and pour remaining melted chocolate over the top. Refrigerate 2-3 hours. Turn onto cutting board and cut into squares.

2 comments:

Steffany said...

Your candy looks beautiful! Better than mine, even! :) I love the additions you made. Isn't this fun? A new tradition is born!

Jeni said...

I have never made my own rocky road before but I love the stuff. Yours does look very pretty.

This would make good gifts in some tins. I remember you collected tins in Germany.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...