Friday, December 26, 2008

Warm Corn Chowder on a rainy day


Crab and Corn Chowder



This month's Barefoot Blogger's Bonus Recipe was selected by Becky of Random Musings of a Deco Lady, Ina's Savory Palmiers. This recipe appears in the Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics, Ina's Gartens newest Cookbook. These were so good and addicting. I love Puff Pastry. It is so easy to work with. I loved the flaky pastry and layers of cheese, sun dried tomatoes and pesto. I can see why people chose to half the recipe. This made allot of appetizers.

For my Tyler Florence Fridays I decided to make chowder. Its been really rainy today and chowder sounded so good. I made his recipe for Corn Chowder and modified it by adding 8 oz crab at the end. This was a great all in 1 dinner. I made Grandma's Buns (courtesy of my friend Krista)to serve alongside it. My husband esp. loved it and ate 3 huge bowls. This is definitely a keeper. I bought aged White Cheddar cheese and grated on the top of each bowl. I loved the creamy texture from the potatoes (you boil them in the cream and chicken broth) and the crunchy corn. Check out what everyone else decided to make at http://tylerflorencefridays.blogspot.com/ This is where I found the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/corn-chowder-recipe/index.html

5 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

Yum! Adding the crab was brilliant, as well the white cheddar. Looks like your palmiers for BB turned out great too.

The TFF post is now up. Thanks for participating!

Aloha,

Deb

Megan said...

You sure covered a lot of territory in one post!

I made the same chowder about a month ago, it was superb - great choice!

Thanks for cooking along with us this week - don't forget, my optional recipe will be posted soon!

NKP said...

I think it is so great that your hubby was so enthusiastic about your chowder!
Crab was definitely an inspired addition, great choice!

Jeni said...

ooo my eyes went to the polish pottery! So pretty. But the corn chowder sounds YUMMY!

Our Complete Family said...

I spy Polish Pottery! I have fond memories of taking trips to Poland to pick mine out! Did you take some trips, too? What a great dish to put on that neat piece of pottery! Yummy!
Merry almost 2009!!!

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...