Monday, April 13, 2009

The best pizza ever!


While my sister was visiting she taught me how to make the most delectable pizza. I was a little skeptical when she told me I needed to pre-heat my pizza stone at 500 for an hour. But she was right and the pizza turned out just like in Italy. It has a crisp, crunchy crust and wonderful toppings. We started with the pizza dough from Trader Joe's. We made two varieties: bacon, tomato and cheese and a pepperoni/salami. The BLT was awesome and my favorite. We served it just like at California Pizza Kitchen with the salad on the top. We also made a homemade garlic Ailoi for dipping. I need her to come back and show me how to make more wonderful meals like these ones. Thanks Steff for teaching me how to make the best pizza ever!

3 comments:

Ellyn said...

Yum! This does sound fabulous! Dan just made pizza this weekend as well, and I think we've finally found a good dough recipe to use!

Jeni said...

OOOOOO That looks so gooy and delish!!! I have never heard of cooking a pan so hot and for so long. Neat idea.

Ross and Jill's Blog said...

OH.. that looks so yummy... I would love it!! I guess I need to get a pizza stone:)

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...