Croque Monsieur for dinner



This week I made Croque Monsieur for my Barefoot Bloggers group. This recipe was from Ina's Barefoot in Paris cookbook (one of my favorites)! A Croque Monsieur is a fancy ham and cheese sandwich with a rich cheese sauce poured over the top and then broiled for perfection. This brought back so many memories of our trip to Paris a couple years ago.
I found a great crusty french bread to use. I sliced it on the thicker side too. I had read from other peoples blogs that the bread makes or breaks this sandwich. I toasted the bread, added the cheese and ham and then poured over the sauce. It broiled for about 5 minutes and then dinner was served.
I chose the perfect day to make this, since it rained for most of the day. I served this along with a roasted red pepper soup from Trader Joe's. What a great dinner for a busy night. Thanks to Kathy of All Food Considered for this months pick.

Comments

Leslie said…
That sandwich looks amazing, and soup would be perfect with it! Way to go!
Jeni said…
mmm...that is perfect for a rainy day! I love that polka-dot plate.
Stacy said…
Yummy! That sandwich sounds really good! You are amazing when it comes to food!

Popular Posts