Monday, June 29, 2009

Ina's Gazpacho


I am a few days late in posting my recipe for Barefoot Contessa Gazpacho. I have never attempted Gazpacho before. I don't know if I was scared of a cold tomatoe based soup or too much chopping involved. I am so happy that Delta of Delta Whiskey chose this recipe. My husband and I both loved it so much. This was a perfect lunch for a hot hot hot day! I did add a little extra spice to it. I loved the addition of olive oil at the end. This tasted like something we would have eaten in Italy with some crusty bread. The only thing that I would have added was some shaved Parmesan and more basil!!! This is my idea of summer food.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

ooo neat. See you are so good at trying new things. Glad you found a new summer recipe! How was that lemonade pie?

Ross and Jill's Blog said...

oh I love Gazpacho... I will definitely have to try this one!

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...