Friday, June 12, 2009

Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting




This is my second time making this wonderful frosting from Tyler Florence. I needed a frosting for my vanilla bean cupcakes and chose my new favorite. It has vanilla bean pieces in the frosting. I love it! These cupcakes were great with some fresh strawberries and vanilla sugar.
Vanilla Bean Butter cream Frosting
(Adapted from his recipe)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup milk
4 cups confectioner's sugar (1 pound box), plus more if necessary
Cream the butter in a medium-size bowl until very smooth. Stir in the vanilla-bean seeds until they're evenly distributed. Add the salt, milk and vanilla extract, and stir until combined. Sift the sugar over the butter mixture and stir the mixture until it's perfectly smooth. If the frosting is too loose, add a few more tablespoons of confectioner's sugar, and stir until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap until you're ready to use; mix well just before using. You can see what other TFF members did here.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I really enjoy vanilla stuff especially with a strong vanilla bean flavor. I will try this recipe... thanks for sharing!

I like that cake stand too.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...