Friday, June 12, 2009

Whole Wheat Pasta








I recently discovered a treasure at a local thrift store. This is the exact pasta machine that my mom used growing up. After giving it a good cleaning, I got busy. We really enjoy whole wheat noodles in our house. I tried to find a good ratio of white to whole wheat flour. My daughter was a great helper and really loved rolling out the noodles. We made fettucine noodles and 3 cheese ravioli from a Tyler Florence recipe. The ravioli filling started coming out but still tasted good. I am learning and my second attempt went better. I am excited for all of the healthy noodle dishes I will be trying out on my family.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

How cool. I would love to try making noodles! Wish I was there to try those. You are so good to let Anna help...and she looks so cute in that plaid sundress by the way!

Eva said...

mmmm fresh pasta is so good!

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...