Thursday, June 4, 2009

Strawberry Summer Lemonade


I love Strawberry Lemonade. There is something about cold lemonade, BBQ 's and a hot summers day. I wanted to try a new recipe for Tyler Florence's lemonade for my neighborhood's BBQ this past weekend. I made this kid friendly by omitting vodka and adding lots of crushed strawberries into the punch. This was so sweet and refreshing at the same time. I added some limes and 2 extra lemons for a little more sour flavour. I wanted to try out my lemonade pitcher that has been in the box since I bought it last summer. I can't believe how much this held. It was a fun party and a wonderful drink. Next time I will be trying the grown-up version. You can check out what my other Tyler Florence friends did here.

11 comments:

Kim said...

I agree about lemonade on a hot day...there's nothing like it : ) Love that you added strawberries. I had something like this at the derby party I went to. It was so good!!

Jeni said...

MMMMM! That is so calling my name...I just can't bear to look at it. You got me hooked on homemade lemonade that summer in Germany. What a beautiful way to serve it Susy.

NKP said...

That looks lovely! I adore your drink jug.

Susie said...

This sounds wonderfully refreshing!

Megan said...

I literally was just looking for a strawberry lemonade recipe! But I'll be leaving in the alcohol - and making a kid friendly version too!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love strawberry lemonade and this looks perfect!

Arlene Delloro said...

This looks great--think I might like the vodka one, too!

Kristin said...

YUM! sounds delicious as the kid friendly version & the adult one! Coming over from TFF.
http://sogkonniteliving.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you're so right about cold lemonade on a hot summer's day. i like your changes from the original, i absolutely love strawberry lemonade.

Steffany said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Jenny said...

That sounds great, wish we had a hot day to enjoy it on.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...