Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cooking in our new house

We are now moved into our darling house. We should have our things in about 3 weeks. It is fun "camping" in our house, at least the kids think it is. I decided that we have gone out to dinner enough and went to the Commisary for groceries. I joined Barefoot Bloggers and the recipe due date for Smoked Salmon Spread was nearing. It was chosen by Ashley of The Spicey Skillet. I made it this morning. The recipe is on www.foodnetwork.com I loved how it turned out. The only changes I made were by adding more dill and lemon. It needed a little more zing for us. We will be enjoying it tonight at our BBQ along with some great Kashi crackers I picked up.
In other news.. I did my long run on Thursday and it went great. I ran 13 and had no problems. It must take me a little while to get used the humidity. Thanks for the encouragment. I am now officially registered for the AF marathon. No backing out now. We are heading back to the NW next weekend. My sister and I are doing this race together www.diamondlakemtbachelorrelay.org It is an relay race that lasts 36 hours. Everyone runs 3 times for a total of 18 miles. I am so excited about it!!!
It is over 90 today. We are off to the pool to cool down. Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Ellyn said...

Good for you that you already made next weeks Barefoot Blogger recipe...I'm having a hard time getting motivated to make it, as I'm a little hesitant about the salmon and whether we will like it or not...may just scale down the recipe...a lot! Have a great trip to see your family! What a nice way to spend your time while still waiting for your things to arrive!

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...