Thursday, October 30, 2008

Caramel Caramel Corn





I decorated 1 of my Chocolate Chocolate cupcakes. I figured
it could be the teachers cupcake at the party.
It has been a busy morning in my kitchen. I got the kids off on the bus and then got busy. I needed to make a double batch of Caramel Popcorn and 2 dozen cupcakes this morning. I also need to get to the gym and to the school to help with the book Fair by 11:00. This is my favorite recipe for Caramel Corn. It is simple and and always turns out great.
Caramel Peanut Popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 bags butter flavoured popcorn
Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
I always make a double batch! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Well at least you are putting that new big kitchen to some good use. Is that the same recipe for Caramel Corn you made in Germany? I LOVE that stuff!!! What a cute idea on that cupcake. Well have a fun Oct. 31 tomorrow.

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...