Sunday, October 26, 2008

Relaxing Sunday Afternoon



My Fall Decorations

My little paper Pumpkins!

A Variety of Cards I made today.

I made tags too. I am going to
make Caramel Corn bags and put
the tags on it for Friday!

Today was one of those relaxing Sundays. We did all of our normal Sunday things. We got up, went to the gym, then off to church. Jonathan had a Cub Scout bike path clean-up this afternoon. Mark took the kids and the dog to it this afternoon. It gave me 2 hours to do exactly what I wanted. MAKE CARDS! I haven't got to do this much since we moved. There are so many other things to get done that it seems like such a luxury to sit down and create cards or work on my scrapbooks. I enjoyed my 2 hours so much. It is a lovely Fall Day and I sat in front of our windows in the dining room. My time went very quickly but it was so relaxing for me. What a lovely way to spend my afternoon.
Apple Crisp
6 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup water
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Arrange apples in an even layer in bottom of baking dish. Pour water over apples.
In a medium bowl mix together cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter or margarine until ingredients are thoroughly blended; mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
We had a friend over for dinner last night. I made Chicken Parmesan, Roasted Vegetables with Couscous and yummy Apple Crisp. The warm Apple Crisp was the best so I posted the recipe above.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Good for you!!! I know how fast that time can fly. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself. MMM I LOVE your caramel corn! Thank you for that super sweet comment you left me! You are the same you know. It's Halloween week....have fun.

Ellyn said...

Yay for "me" time! I went to a "stamp" camp and made lots of fun gifts today...it was so much fun to see the end result of something I worked on. The apple crisp sounds super yummy as well...I'll have to add it to my "try" pile! Hoping to see you in December!

Jeni said...

Hey...my blog has Boo-ed your blog! :)

Trying New Things

This past year has been a year of change. We moved from a huge running community to an area that does not have the biking and running trails...