Mango Bread




















I have never heard of Mango bread before this week. I wasn't sure what to expect. Would it taste good? Was is a moist, tropical bread or more of a coffee cake? It had lots of cinnamon, ginger and lime zest in addition to the mangoes. I think it would have tasted better with out the cinnamon. I had a hard time getting the center of the bread completely cooked. It took over the 1 1/4 hours mentioned in the recipe. I also found it needed a lime glaze for a little extra flavour. I shared it with my Bible Study. I don't think I will try this recipe again. It wasn't great and a little on the dry side. I think I should have measured my mangoes a little better instead of guessing how many cups I added. I don't think I had quite enough. Thanks to Kelly of Baking with the Boys for choosing this recipe. Don't forget to visit the TWD Blogroll to see what everyone else did!

Comments

uclala said…
Wow, a lime icing too! Sounds like a good idea to bring out the lime. Sorry you didn't like it, your mango bread looks fabulous!
Jeni said…
Well at least it was a pretty bread to take. Lime glaze...yum! Beautiful plate you have there too.
Lillian said…
I'm sorry you didn't like it -- it was very popular here. The lime glaze looks like a great addition, though.
Pamela said…
The icing was a nice touch. I am sorry it wasn't what you hoped for though.
TeaLady said…
Bread looks just perfect. Love the bowl - Polish??
Engineer Baker said…
Weird, I thought it was incredibly moist - wonder if it's the mango being used? The lime glaze sounds fabulous.

Popular Posts